Are you planning on traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday? (by air) If so, here are some things to think about as you get ready for your trip to the airport that can help you save some aggravation.
1. It is going to be chaotic. The Christmas season is extended over a week and sometimes more than that. Thanksgiving is one day and most people travel the day before. The airport will be a giant mess.
2. Be prepared for long lines at TSA. With all the fuss and commotion of the new TSA procedures, prepare for extra delays. Why? Because most people are not familiar with them and they will always be the one person who thinks he is the comedian and says something stupid or the person that causes the whole thing to back up because they are offended. Plan for it.
3. Get to the airport early. Parking will be hard, so will security and most people do not travel that much and are pretty confused on how to get to the gate.
4. Bring food. Airport food is horrible and guess what airlines do not feed you anymore ( People are so surprised by this)
5. Try not to talk on the phone while you are boarding the plane. I dont know what it is about boarding and the sudden urge to call someone. People cannot hardly find their seat much less hold their phone and put their bags in the overhead at the same time.
6. Flight attendants are not there to put your bag up, if you cannot put your own bag in the overhead, check it.
7. At one time there was some pride in the industry when people travel, try this, wear some clothes and look presentable. So many people dress “down” and more or less look like they should be at the beach. Here is a hint, the well dressed man or woman actually gets better service and taken more seriously.
8. Flip flops suck. If you had any idea of how dirty mass transportation is on an airplane you would guard your toes with the utmost respect with shoes. The restrooms alone are a huge germ pool. Also they do not do diddly to protect your toes either and the first time some first time traveler rolls his suitcase over your feet your going to wish you read this.
9. Don’t let your kids crawl or run around the plane. I have seen more kids hit the ceiling than you care to know. Parents that let babies crawl around cause they are fussing are not being responsible.
10. A little kindness goes a long way.